How to Clean Floating Timber Floors WITHOUT Damaging Them
3 May, 2022 | Famous
Is your floating timber floor looking a little worse for wear? Are you worried about how to clean it without damaging the finish? Never fear, we're here to help! In this post, we'll show you how to clean your floating timber floor using only natural ingredients and without any harsh chemicals. So get ready to give your floors a good scrubbing!
Tips to Clean Floating Timber Floor
- Vacuum your floating timber floors regularly to remove dust and dirt.
- Sweep your floors with a soft broom or brush after vacuuming to remove any remaining particles.
- Mop your floors with a damp mop - make sure the mop is not too wet, or it could damage the flooring.
- Dry the floors with a clean cloth or towel after mopping.
- Polish your floors every few months using a good-quality wood polish (this will help protect them from scratches and water damage)
- Replace any damaged boards as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
How to protect the floating wood floor?
There are a few things you can do to protect your floors and keep them looking their best:
- Use mats or rugs at all entrances to prevent dirt and grit from being tracked in.
- Wipe up any spills immediately - water, oil, and other liquids can damage the finish on your floors.
- Put felt pads on the feet of all furniture to prevent scratches.
- Avoid using cleaners that contain harsh chemicals - these can damage the finish on your floors.
For more tips on how to care for your floating timber floors, talk to a professional flooring specialist. They will be able to give you advice on what products to use and how to keep your floors looking their best.
Hire a Professional Floor Cleaning Company In Adelaide
Hiring a professional cleaning company is the best way to protect your investment and get the longest life out of your floors. A professional company will have the knowledge and experience to clean your floors without damaging them. They will also be able to advise you on what products to use and how to care for your floors in between cleaning.