How to Seal and Clean a Travertine Floor
1 July, 2022 | Famous Cleaning
Travertine floors are a popular choice for many homeowners because of their natural beauty and durability. While travertine is a relatively low-maintenance flooring option, it does require some regular care and cleaning to keep it looking its best. In this blog post, we will explain how to seal and clean a travertine floor. Let's get started!
Why You Should Seal Your Travertine Floor?
Sealing your travertine floor is important for two main reasons. First, it will help to protect your floor from stains and dirt. Second, it will make it much easier to clean your floor on a regular basis.
Steps to Seal Your Travertine Tiles
1. Start by sweeping or vacuuming your travertine floor to remove any dirt or debris.
2. Next, clean your floor with a cleaner. Avoid using cleaners that are too acidic or alkaline, as this can damage the surface of your floor.
3. Once your floor is clean, it's time to apply the sealer. We recommend using a penetrating sealer for best results.
4. Apply the sealer to your floor using a clean, dry cloth. Make sure to work in small sections so that the sealer has time to dry before you move on to the next area.
5. Allow the sealer to dry completely before walking on your floor or replacing furniture.
How to Clean a Travertine Floor
- Remove Surface Debris: Start by sweeping or vacuuming your floor to remove any surface dirt or debris.
- Deep Cleaning: Next, you will need to deeply clean your floor. You can do this by mopping with a cleaner. Avoid using cleaners that are too acidic or alkaline, as this can damage the surface of your floor.
- Clean the Tile Grout: It's also important to clean the grout lines between your travertine tiles. You can do this by scrubbing with a brush or hire professional title cleaners in Adelaide.
- Drying: Once you have finished cleaning, be sure to dry your floor completely. You can do this by mopping with a clean, dry cloth.
Now that you know how to seal and clean a travertine floor, it's time to put these tips to use! Regular cleaning and sealing will help to keep your floor looking its best for years to come.