How to Fix Carpet Dents?
24 December, 2021 | Famous
If you have ever had a pet or children, then you know how easy it is to get carpet dents. Whether the animals are playing around on your floor or kids are running through the house with their toys, they can leave behind some pretty visible marks on your carpet. Luckily there are several ways that you can fix these marks and make them go away for good!
Read below to find out more about fixing those pesky carpet dents.
1. Use a carpet cleaner with hot water to remove any dirt or dust from the dent.
2. After the area has been cleaned, add a few drops of dish soap to the dent. Wait for about 15 minutes before carrying on with the next step.
3. Use an iron set at medium heat to steam press over the dent in your carpet. Place a towel over the top of it to make sure it doesn't get burned.
4. Once you have finished with the iron, your carpet should be as good as new! This is a great way to fix carpet dents that have been left there from furniture being dragged across it. If you have pets or children, then this method will work best for fixing these types of carpet dents.
5. If you have a larger dent or multiple dents in your carpet, it is best to use the iron and towel method on each one individually. This way you will get an even result without harming any other areas of the carpet that may be fluffier than others.
6. You can also try using a hairdryer on low heat to try and lift out the dent. The reason why hot water, dish soap, and low heat are recommended is that they are gentle enough not to damage your carpet fibers.
7. If the dents in your carpet are still noticeable after trying these home remedies, it might be time to call in a professional carpet cleaner who can properly get rid of them. This is the best option if you have pets or children that are always playing on your carpet and leaving it with permanent dents.
8. If none of these methods work for you then maybe consider replacing your carpet with an area rug, which is much easier to clean! These carpets are soft but durable, giving them great longevity without getting damaged by your pets or children.
9. You can also try using a table fork or spatula to dig out the dent. It may take some time but it will be worth it when you get rid of those carpet dents for good!
Don't forget to check - How to Remove Carpet Stains?
10. More often than not, carpet dents are caused due to something being dropped on the floor and causing the fibers below to bend. If your carpet is trying to come back up after you dropped something heavy on it, try using a pair of scissors and cutting around the dent in a circular motion until you can't see it anymore.
Get Famous Cleaning Experts Help to Fix Carpet Dents.
When your carpet becomes riddled with dents, it can be difficult to get back into the condition you wanted. We want to help! Our team of professionals is ready and waiting for your call or email today. Give us a try and see what makes our service so great - we guarantee that you will love how much easier life is after one visit from us!